Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slumber Party

When I was a little girl and was invited to slumber parties I would be excited for days. The girls and I would have fun enjoying junk food, girl talk and staying up way too late. Now when I think of slumber parties I cringe. Maybe it's because I'm older or maybe it's because my slumber parties these days don't include the fun times that they used to. Either way, I am no longer a fan of them anymore. Please give me the honor of describing my latest slumber party....
I was sound asleep, next to my husband, enjoying sweet dreams when all of a sudden I was awoken by screaming. I groaned, rolled over and prayed it'd stop. No such luck! After about 20 minutes of listening to P cry and scream I went to his room. I rocked him and rubbed his back, praying he'd fall back to sleep. When that didn't happen, I took everything off the QUEEN sized bed so he and I could have our monthly slumber party. It started out great and I thought, "Finally I'll get some sleep!". Yeah right! First his head rammed into my lower back then it moved to a side kick into my ribs. The fun of getting head butted, kicked and punched went on for about 6 hours. My slumber party buddy ended up sleeping sideways when he did sleep and took up the entire bed! When I dared to open my eyes this morning, P was patiently waiting for me to wake up to inform me of the obvious.... a plane was flying over our house. I guess some things don't change: little to no sleep and one person always wakes up first, waiting for everyone else to wake up. I'm sure one day I'll appreciate even the slumber parties with P but right now I just really appreciate a huge cup of coffee!

No comments: