Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baby Update

Apparently neither of my boys likes my womb much because they both were (are) in a hurry to get out. Over the weekend I started spotting and having cramps. I called the on-call dr, who wanted me to go to the ER. Being that I was in CA and didn't feel like dealing with the red tape I asked if there was another option. She said to rest and drink fluids and let my dr know today when I had my appt scheduled. So that's exactly what I did since the spotting and cramping ended early Sunday AM.
At my dr appt today she said that I had to do everything in my power to wait 3 weeks and 2 days to have the lil guy. She said he's ready to come out but, unless there's an emergency, she won't deliver him before 34 weeks. (I think it'd be cool if he was born on the 3rd, 11th, 12th or 16th because they're all important dates...except the 12th. That'd just be cool to have his bday 12-12-12.) The only thing that I didn't like hearing is that I will most likely need a blood transfusion before or during the c-section because my platelet levels are below normal. She said they were low with P but at least they were in the normal range. This time they're not and no matter how I gave birth I'd most likely lose enough blood to have a transfusion.
My dr did give me the go ahead to make the trip to MS as long as I promised not to have the lil guy while we're there. So hopefully I can uphold my promise, get everything ready the week we get back and then just wait for his grand debut after that. Time will tell!!

No comments: