Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 4 and the East Coast

First, let me start by saying that I'm thankful for our church. I love Sundays because it means listening to Pastor Joe's sermons and watching P dance to worship music. It also means either learning more about the Bible or getting a refresher course on something I'd had been taught long ago but had forgotten. When Rob and I first got together we had quite a time finding a church we agreed on. We went to several before finding our church and I'm so glad we were patient because I absolutely LOVE Pastor Joe and Mike, the worship leader! Heaven help us the day they have to leave SRB.

On a completely different note, Rob FINALLY got the call to head to the East Coast to help restore power after Sandy. We have been told since Tuesday that it's going to happen, it's not going to happen. As of yesterday the mission was off because there was only one unlikely way to get the guys and their trucks to New York and that was through a local air force base. This morning he got a call that everything had changed overnight and they were "a go" for the trip. We ran around frantically trying to get last minute things together and I rushed him to the yard (although he said it was like Driving Miss Daisy because I wasn't going fast enough)where he loaded up his bucket truck. From there he headed out to Cali. to catch his flight to the East Coast. The next week or so will be long hours and exhausting work but he is SOOOOOO happy to be helping the millions without power from Superstorm Sandy.

Although these are pics of a different power co. getting a lift, here is how they guys and their trucks will be transported.



Please pray for their safety to, from and while they're there. It's dangerous work but I'm happy to say that Rob is glad to do it!

No comments: