Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 16-19

Day 16: I woke up thankful for my inlaws. P and I got to the airport safely yesterday. My brother in law had taken time off work to come to the airport to help with the luggage. My inlaws welcomed us with open arms and I feel like their house is our own. They make us feel comfortable and treat me like their own daughter. I am so thankful for loving inlaws, ones who have hearts of gold and spoil us rotten.

Day 17: Sleep is a valued necessity that I don't get to enjoy a lot of these days. But for 2 nights I slept like a baby cause neither of my babies felt the need to wake me up. I am so thankful for the much needed sleep I got. It was nice to crawl into bed, read for awhile and then go to sleep for several uninterrupted hours. I woke up feeling rested, which was a welcome change.

Day 18: Today was a big day! After being on the East Coast for 2 weeks we finally got to pick Rob up from the airport!! P went to bed excited and woke up even more excited. He made an adorable sign (I'm having problems uploading the pics of it though) welcoming his Daddy home. We got to the airport within minutes of Rob stepping off the plane so P proudly held up his sign for all to see. We were both so happy to have him home....finally! While he was on the East Coast he found out that he had gotten the transfer he had put in for, meaning he won't have to travel anymore. WAHOO! So we can enjoy family time. He can enjoy hunting. P can enjoy having his daddy home to wrestle and play with. And I can enjoy having him around to help with a newborn. On Day 18 I was thankful that Rob finally returned home safe and sound and will not have to travel anymore!

Day 19: And this brings us to today. Today I am thankful that I got to share my bed with my husband last night. I never realize how much I miss him until he's back. It was nice talking to him before falling asleep. I loved snuggling with him throughout the night. He was a Godsend when I started having Braxton Hicks because he rubbed my back to ease the pain. It was so nice to see his face first thing this morning. I have a friend whose divorce is finalized today and it makes me so incredibly sad that her marriage didn't work out. But it makes me realize how nice it is to be married to my best friend, someone I enjoy falling asleep next to, someone I can share the bed with and someone who holds me as I wake up in the morning.

No comments: