Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8: My Brother

Growing up, my brother and I were super close. Then, sometime during the end of my high school years, we had a falling out and kind of drifted apart. But now that we're 2 grown adults with families of our own we have gotten closer again. I am so thankful for a brother that calls, texts and FBs regularly to see how me and my family are doing. I'm not as good about keeping in touch so it means so much that he puts forth the effort. Not only is he a great brother but a great friend. Over the years, especially in recent years, we've become more open with each other, sharing quite a bit with each other. The nice thing is sometimes we'll get into long conversations but if it's a quick conversation just to say hi that's ok too.

Not only is he a great brother and friend, but he's an AWESOME uncle! One thing that will forever stand out to me is that he re-arranged a trip he and his wife were taking this Summer just so they could pick P up and take him to my parents' house, making it easier on me. He calls/Skypes P regularly but sometimes he'll see something P likes and sends that to him just because. P talks about him all the time, about how silly he is and how he wants to call him to tell him various things. So, today I'm thankful for my "little" brother who is also a great friend and spectacular uncle!

No comments: