Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7: Luxuries

This morning I woke up in a warm bed after having a good night's sleep. The heater kicked on and I snuggled under the blankets for a few minutes before getting out of bed. Then I checked my phone for messages and FB status updates before making my way into my parents' kitchen, where I had multiple options for breakfast. After filling my belly with the breakfast of my choice I took a hot bubble bath while my son watched TV. It made me very aware-and thankful-for all the "luxuries" that so many people do without on a daily basis. My husband is even going without most of these luxuries right now as are tens of thousands, if not millions, of people on the East Coast. People in other countries can't fathom having all the things we have in the United States, things I take for granted so often. So today, and every day, I am thankful for the luxuries of life that are easy to overlook, the luxuries that make life easier.

No comments: