Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 9: Friendships

I am honestly so overwhelmed with emotion when I think about how many great friends I have in life that I don't know where to begin this blog. Although I am a social butterfly I don't always make friends easily. Once I consider you a friend, however, I'd go to the ends of the Earth for you and I know the friends in my life would do the same for me. Since getting married and having P, my friendships have changed. Not for the worse by any means but the friends that are only in my life for a season have fallen by the wayside and my lifelong friends are going strong.
My friends are ones that I can count on when Rob is out of town to check in on me, to give me support. My friends are ones that I can call spur of the moment and know they'll help in a pinch. My friends are ones that offer to watch P when I'm in a bind. My friends are ones that I don't have to talk to every day but when we do talk we catch up right where we left off the last time. I'm not the best about calling people back these days so I appreciate that my friends hound me until I do.
Some of my friends I've known for less than a year. Some of my friends I've known for a few years. Some of my friends I've known for 10 years and some I've known for a lifetime. No matter how long I've known you, if I consider you a friend, I cherish your friendship. I wish I could put into words how much I cherish your friendship. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones talking or maybe it's "old" age but I have tears in my eyes thinking about each and every one of you. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you've brought to my life!






"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin




No comments: