Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!

Please forgive me for not blogging about what I'm thankful for the past 2 days. This week has been a blur and I'm pretty tired from lack of sleep the past few nights. That being said I couldn't go to sleep tonight without wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. Our day started at deer camp where Rob killed the first deer of the season (for his family). Then we raced home to get cleaned up and go to the Herrington's store for Thanksgiving. It didn't feel much like a family dinner since we were all seated randomly around the restaurant part of the store. But the food was delicious and P enjoyed playing with the kids. Once we left there, Rob, P and I went to Bass Pro so P could sit on Santa's lap and I could get some Christmas gifts without dealing with a huge crowd. Now we're home. P is playing with the dog. Rob is hunting squirrels and me? I'm playing on the computer, with my feet kicked up.
This gave me a chance to think about all the things I'm thankful for all year round. First and foremost I'm thankful that God has blessed us with so much, especially that Rob made it home in time for Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all of our family and friends near and far. I'm thankful for our boys and the fact that I get to be a stay at home mom now. I'm thankful for great friends with whom I've created a lot of fun memories. I'm thankful for a warm house and money to pay our bills (even above the minimum as of lately). I'm thankful for 2 reliable cars that get us where we need and want to go. There are many more things that I'm thankful for but these are just a few. (If you want to see more then read my previous blogs from this month.)
So I hope that wherever you are you are having a good Thanksgiving full of good food and fun memories with family and friends!

No comments: