Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3: Hunting

Today I'm thankful for Rob's passion for hunting. If someone would've told me 10 years ago that I'd marry a hunter I would've laughed. That wasn't my world, not anything I knew anything about. It's still not a passion of mine and probably never will be but it's something I've come to respect. Rob has taught me so much about conservation, hunting etiquette, and how to cook wild game. I consider myself a pretty open person but trying wild game was something new to me. I can tell you that I love love love elk, MS whitetail and bacon wrapped duck. I can tell you, hands down, I am not a fan of NV mule deer. And I like some parts of antelope (I didn't like the salami as much as Rob and P but I like the steaks). I'm thankful that Rob enjoys providing meat for his family through his hunts.


I like that Rob's passion has created a whole new group of friends for us that we've come to know as our "Archery Family". Hunting, in general, has created a lot of fun memories either directly or indirectly with things like hunting banquets, BBQs with everyone, camping excursions, etc. I'm thankful that Rob's passion has opened up a whole new world for our family. It's allowed us to explore beautiful places and Rob has already taken P hunting once (which P LOVED!). Who knew that something I knew nothing about 5 years ago is something I'm thankful for today?

No comments: