Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1

I was going to take a break from blogging for your sake and mine but then someone on FB reminded me that it's November 1st. For the past couple years I've made it a point to blog about something I'm thankful for each day in November. It helps me remember that, even when life gets crazy, there are still so many things to be thankful for. I may not get to it every day but I'll try my best.
 
For Day 1 I am thankful for Rob's job. When he switched crews earlier this year we took a big pay cut. After finding out I was pregnant, he and I talked about all job possibilities. He didn't like his job at a lamp lighter so he decided it'd be best to go back to the transmission crew because it was a job he enjoyed much better and the pay was A LOT better. By going back to the transmission crew, I am now able to be a stay-at-home-mom which I'm eternally grateful for.
His job is not easy and it's not one that many people can do. He climbs-and dangles from-ridiculous heights. He has the abilitiy to restore power to millions, build huge power structures, etc. He gets frustrated that I don't pay attention to the details of his job but I've found that by staying naive I'm not worried about the every day dangers that come with his job title.
It's hard with him back to traveling as much as he is but I'm proud to say I'm married to a journeyman lineman. He's a hard worker and takes pride in providing for his family, something else I'm proud of. So the next time you're without power think of all the men that are away from their families trying to restore power for you and your family.

No comments: