Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10: Compassion and Sense of Humor

Rob and I always laugh that it's ok for P to look like Rob as long as he has my personality. But something he's acquired from his daddy that I'm so happy about? His sense of humor. He can have everyone in stitches faster than any 3 year old I know. I could probably type several pages about all the funny things he says and does but here is just one example. The other night we were at my parents' and asked him to say the mealtime prayer. He started to say the blessing when he stopped, opened his eyes and said, "Wait a minute, I have to toot." Once he did-loudly-he resumed his prayer. The other recent stories, although hilarious, are either too lengthy to write about or aren't "rated G".
The other thing that I'd admire about our son is his compassionate heart. He is so quick to help others, give hugs and say "I'm sorry." The perfect example was the other night when my parents took him to McDonalds for dinner while I was out with a friend. My dad, from whom I inherited my grace, dropped an entire soda on my mom. She was covered head to toe as was her purse and its contents. My mom doesn't handle things like that well and got pretty upset. As my dad tried to clean up what he could, P kept saying, "It's ok BobBob. It was just an accident." That put things into perspective for my mom and things settled down quickly. As with his sense of humor, I could write story after story about his compassionate little soul.
I am so thankful to be P's mom, one who gets to witness all of his wonderful qualities several times a day. It is a true blessing to have him call me his Mommy!

No comments: