Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12: Home

I'm the kind of person that could be at a 5 Star resort for a week, being catered to 24/7 and I'd still be happy to be back home after the trip. Home is where there's a routine, something I thrive on. Home is where you know where everything is. So, although I had so much fun on our trip to my parents', I am glad to be home. I'm thankful that I got to sleep in my own bed instead of next to a farting 3 year old. I'm thankful that I had the thermostat set for what I'm comfortable with. I'm thankful that I can play on my laptop and watch what I want on TV (My parents were extremely gracious about letting me watch my shows but I felt guilty that it interfered with their shows.). So today I'm thankful for home.



 
As always we had a lot of fun together! We went to the zoo where P's favorite was the giraffes....until it came time to feed them. We tried Incredible Johns, a pizza place full of fun games. We went to the fish hatchery for the first time ever to watch the salmon run. Although they weren't going up the ladder when we were there we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and couldn't believe we'd never been there before. We went to my cousin's soccer game for a few minutes and went shopping for several minutes (I got all of P's Christmas shopping done!). Like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed our time with my parents and appreciated all that they did for us, including watching P so I could go out with a couple girlfriends. I know I already said it but I'm thankful for such fun loving, giving, compassionate parents!

1 comment:

Mom said...

And we're thankful for such a wonderful daughter. Mom