Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 26 and 27

I thought when I got home and back into the groove of things I'd get back to my "Days of Thankfulness" each day. WRONG! Yesterday I had the biggest burst of energy I've had in quite awhile and was able to get so much done. Last night P woke me up 4-5 times which resulted in me being a walking zombie today. That being said, let me play catch up for my days of thankfulness.

Day 26: Every year I like to "adopt" a solider oversees or a child in need. I also like to participate in "Operation Christmas Child" because, for me, Christmas is more about giving than receiving. This year I'll blame it on pregnancy brain but I dropped the ball. I was able to donate a bag of items for Operation Christmas Child but missed the deadline to make up a box from us. I thought I'd missed the opportunity to give to someone less fortunate than us but I was saved by FB. A lady posted about a local non-profit organization that still needed volunteers to "adopt" a child. I jumped at the chance and used that opportunity to teach P about one of the meanings of Christmas. I had him go with me to pick out clothes, shoes and toys for a young boy. He talked about it a lot yesterday and brought it up today so I hope that he'll too want to give instead of get everything from Santa as he continues to grow up. The way I see it we've been very blessed financially lately so why not give back? I went a little overboard compared to usual when "adopting" a child but I have a feeling, from the little I know about the 10 year old boy, that he'll enjoy everything he gets! To me that's the second most important reason of Christmas and I'm so incredibly thankful that we are able to give to those less fortunate every year.

Day 27: I like to keep the blinds in our room lifted a little so I can enjoy each sunrise. But, after not getting any sleep last night, the last thing I wanted to do was be up when the sun came up. However, when I saw orange and pink seeping through the window I couldn't help but jump out of bed with my camera phone to capture the beauty. I thought when we moved to the valley that we'd miss out on beautiful sunrises but that hasn't been the case. No one is promised tomorrow so I'm always thankful when I wake up in the morning...and enjoy God's beautiful start to a new day!

No comments: