Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Day 11: Veterans

There are certain jobs I can't imagine that people willingly do....plumber, exterminator, fireman and soldier are just a few that come to mind. Soldiers go through hardcore training where they learn how to detect bombs and kill people if necessary. They go to unknown areas to spend months in horrible conditions (horribly hot, bitterly cold, limited food choices, little communication with home). They know, signing up for the military, that they will most likely spend months or possibly years away from their family to fight for Americans' freedom. A freedom that most seem to be abusing these days, getting offended over every.little.thing. Throughout history, brave men and women have gone off to war, knowing that they may have said their final goodbye to their family when they left. I can't even imagine. So, today and every day, I am so thankful for veterans. I am thankful for my freedom that they fight for. I am thankful for their selfless sacrifices, most of which they never discuss. I am thankful that there are men and women who proudly sign up for the military, never knowing me or my family, but willing to do right by us. THANK YOU VETERANS for ALL that YOU do!!


No comments: