Saturday, November 2, 2019

Day 2: My Photography Business

I have loved photography ever since I was a little girl. I remember searching the film rack, trying to find just the right film speed for what I needed. I remember anxiously waiting for that roll to be developed to see if I captured things just the way I wanted. I also remember putting those pictures in photo albums, those same photo albums that I will still look at, laughing about certain memories captured on film.
I remember borrowing my dad's digital camera and Rob buying me my professional camera. I remember taking classes to learn about the art of photography. I remember how nervous I was at my first official photo shoot. And yes, I remember how I've screwed up occasionally, making life stressful for me.
My photography has been my creative outlet for so many years. For the past 6-8 years, it has also been a source of income for us. It has provided me the chance to think outside the box. It has introduced me to people I may not have met. It has given me the chance to make people feel beautiful, to allow them to see how other people see them.
My photography business has been so many things for me. It has been a blessing and a source of ministry. I have loved every minute of it! But, for the first time in 10 years, I am working full time. So I feel a peace that it is time for me to close my photography business. I don't have a desire to work 50-60 hours a week and miss out on so much of our boys' lives. This time of year, my business can consume me. I don't want that anymore. So I will enjoy the next three weekend of photo shoots and then I will close the door on Nov 16. My thankfulness for my photography business goes beyond words. I know how blessed I have been with it.

No comments: