Saturday, November 23, 2019

Day 23: Weighted Blankets

You may have heard of the fad- weighted blankets. They are meant for children and adults that have anxiety. Well, E has always had a difficult time sleeping through the night. A few weeks ago I was exhausted from being woken up 2-3 nights a week. So, as a last ditch effort, I bought him a weighted blanket. I told him it was a magic dream blanket. For almost 3 weeks he has slept through the night perfectly. Last night I went to bed before he did so I was not able to tuck him in. (Well, I did but then he got up to play with P.) And last night was the first night in almost 3 weeks that E woke me up because of a nightmare. At 4am I was thankful that his weighted blanket has allowed him to get so much sleep the past few weeks because, let me tell you, we were both cranky when he woke me up. Something so simple can make life a bazillion times easier. And for that I am thankful.

No comments: