Friday, November 8, 2019

Day 7 and 8 combined

A week in and I'm already slacking. (Insert eye roll emoji) But I have been under the weather the past couple days and have just been surviving instead of thriving. Any hoo….
Day 7: I am thankful for modern conveniences. I was reading about all the destruction in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic from hurricanes the past few years. One sentence jumped out at me because it said that 1500 houses in Puerto Rico still don't have a roof. I can't imagine. Not only do we have a roof over our heads but we have central heat and a/c. We have running water and can adjust it to our liking. We have an oven and stove. And if we want to eat it even faster, we can use our microwave. It's easy to take that stuff for granted. But when you read an article about so many without it's an eye opener to just how blessed we are. I am thankful for the things we take for granted, things that make life so much easier than our ancestors or people in other countries. If I had more time, I could blog an entire page on things I've seen in other countries that really, truly make you appreciate how good we have it here in the USA.
Day 8: I am so incredibly thankful for my niece. I never in a million years thought I'd ever have a niece or nephew. So, imagine my surprise when my brother told me that my sister in law was pregnant. A year ago today my sweet niece was born. Although I've only seen her a handful of times, I enjoy our FaceTime "conversations". She has blessed our family in the past year that she's been on this Earth and I can't wait to see how the Lord uses her life to bless others.
I would write more but I've got to get to the store and I am on a time crunch. So expect a longer blog tomorrow. Until then.....

No comments: