Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Day 27: Family Time

I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that I only have 4 more days of "Thanksgiving blogs". How can that be possible when I have so many more things to blog about being thankful for? Today I'm going to highlight one of my favorite things I am thankful for...family time. When my brother and I were little, I remember so many family memories: trips to Apple Hill, cutting down a Christmas tree in the mountains, Friday night golfing, board games, WWF (not the fake WWE that they have today) on Monday nights, craft shows, dinner at the dining table most nights. After college my parents and I started a Tuesday night Family night tradition. I'd go to my parents' house, where we'd enjoy a nice meal and then watch Gilmore Girls together.
It wasn't until I was married and had a family of my own that I realized the value of family time. Thankfully, Rob and I do our best to have family time, a time that the boys will hopefully cherish when they're older. Despite our busy schedules, we try to do Family Movie Nights and we eat dinner together most nights. We go on family trips, where we create a lot of memories. Sometimes we go on family walks together or play family football games in the front yard. We cheer each other on at sporting events (the boys' sports at PARDS and my runs) and we go to local parades together. In the Springs we take the boat out and fish. I love our time together, the memories we create together. I know that, even at their age, the boys appreciate our time together as a family. And I don't take it for granted.
I know friends who have been divorced and they juggle custody of their kids. I am thankful we don't have to do that. I am thankful that Rob and I have a solid, honest marriage that becomes stronger each year. I am thankful that no matter if we're just enjoying a homecooked meal around the table or going on vacation we're spending time together as a family. That is something I will always cherish!!

No comments: