Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Day 28: Our Oldest

I know I have blogged a lot about my husband and how thankful I am for him. I am extremely thankful for Rob, for how hard he works for our family and how he always makes me feel so loved. But today and tomorrow I want to focus on the other special boys in our family- our boys. Today I am extremely thankful for our miracle child, our oldest son. He's a miracle because I wasn't supposed to get pregnant, yet I was pregnant with him within 4 months of getting married. He's a miracle because he was extremely sick at a newborn. We were told that, if he lived, he'd most likely have brain damage. That couldn't be further from the truth (isn't our God AWESOME??)!
At 10 years old, he's still a lovebug. He loves cuddling and telling us how much he loves us. He loves when Rob is out of town because he gets to share the bed with me. He loves family time and often encourages us to do Family Movie Night because he loves when we're all together. He loves when he gets 1:1 time with me or Rob. He is very well mannered and has a heart the size of Texas! He's always wanting to help people who don't have a lot. (He wanted to use his allowance to buy Christmas presents for a classmate.) He is a crazy talented musician. He plays the guitar and writes beautiful songs. He is also crazy smart! Last year was the first time he ever got a B on a report card. He loves to read and is often caught with a book in his hands after he's supposed to be in bed. He's a talented artist and enjoys drawing. He's an animal lover, especially when it comes to dogs. If he had his way, we'd have a house full of dogs. He loves telling jokes, asking trivia questions and learning song lyrics. He loves telling very detailed stories. But most importantly he loves learning about Jesus. He looks forward to Sunday School and can't wait to tell us what he's learned every Sunday. I can't imagine life without him. I thank God for him every day, several times a day. He has greatly blessed our lives!

No comments: