Sunday, June 12, 2011

Celebrating 3 Years!




Our wedding anniversary isn't until Tuesday but we decided to celebrate early by getting away for a night. It was my year to plan something so I asked around for a nice, but reasonable, golf course to play a round of golf together. Turns out there's a beautiful place, about an hour outside of Reno, in California. Rob and I left our precious lil guy with my parents and took off for Graeagle, where we thoroughly enjoyed 18 holes of golf on a beautiful course! After working up quite an appetite we went to a quaint restaurant in the mountains. The waitress was so sweet, bringing us each an apple crisp with a candle on top to celebrate our anniversary. (Yes, I mentioned it to everyone this weekends in hopes of getting some "freebies"....and it worked!). After dinner we checked in at the lodge we were staying at then soaked in the hot tub. The only downfall from this weekend is that I didn't get any sleep last night. The bed was SUPER comfortable but I'm not used to noise when I sleep and we were close to the road. Other than that, I loved the lodge and would highly recommend it to anyone going to that area. This morning we woke up, intending to play a few holes of golf at the lodge but it was a horrible little course. So we splurged and played 9 holes at the nicest- and hardest- course I've ever played at. I started out playing horrible but brought my game around by the 3rd hole. By the end I was having a lot of fun, wanting to play longer. But, alas, we missed our lil man and wanted to get back home to him. It was a memorable weekend, one full of lots of laughter, one I will treasure for many years to come!

No comments: