Friday, June 10, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Today's photo challenge didn't pose a challenge in taking the right shot or editing the picture. It came in choosing which childhood memory to use for today. You see my family was right out of "Leave it to Beaver". Other than June and the boys' attire, my family was identical to the Wards. So I have countless, priceless childhood memories. I couldn't decide if I should take a picture of Strawberry Shortcake dolls or cassette tapes to represent the many Sunday afternoons with friends after church. Or should I take pictures of a BBQ to show all the meals we shared with church families and neighborhood friends? Seashells to represent the hours spent on the beach with my Nana and Papa? Or a money finder, which I spent hours using with my Papa? I could take a picture of a cardboard box because my brother and I thought those were the best toys. The bigger the better! There was so much to choose from and I wanted to accurately portray the awesome childhood I had. Since we were only allowed to watch a half hour of TV a day as children, most of my time was spent outside.
Our last official work day was "fluff" so I used my 2 hour lunch break to find my inspiration and photo shots at a local park. Just as I was leaving I found the boy with the skateboard. Then, while golfing with my dad and Rob, I found the rest of my shots. (My dad teased me that I took more photos than golf shots) I have many fond memories riding skateboards with the boys, climbing trees, playing on swings and slides. I also have fond memories of my parents golfing every Friday night with their best friends. So here is a representation of my childhood memories.......





1 comment:

Kimberly June said...

I share so many of my childhood memories with you! So glad for that gift.