Monday, June 20, 2011

Nigh, Night Sleepyhead!

I got a total of ONE hour of sleep last night. Not one hour at the beginning, one in the middle and one at the end. One TOTAL! It started earlier in the day when I took a 2 1/2 hour nap, fairly late into the afternoon. It then took another turn when I drank soda at around 6pm. I'm like an old lady and can't have caffeine that late into the day. The reality of no sleep set in when we went to bed. It's that time of year that opening our windows at night cools down the room but doesn't get too cool for P in his room. So, instead of turning on the A/C, that's what we've been doing most nights. Well, somewhere around here a bonehead neighbor leaves their dogs out. The dogs bark incessantly, to the point I'd think they'd lose their voices. But they continue to power on, barking strong until after 11pm. Once they finally stopped I couldn't get my mind to slow down enough to fall asleep. With the little sleep I got, I dreamt about today's photo challenge and where I could go to capture the shot. By the time Rob's alarm went off at 4:30 I was exhausted! I tried to sprawl out across the bed and go back to sleep but by now the sun is up and the birds are singing (some prettier than others). I don't want to continue the cycle by taking another long nap today but I honestly don't know how I'll get through the day without one. The joys of no sleep!

No comments: