Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 18: Marathoning Mamas


Today's photo challenge is "Your Shoes" so I'm incorporating that into my day. I woke up at 3:30AM, got out of bed at 4:40AM and was on the road by 5:15AM. All for a race! My friend and I took part in our first marathon relay today. I had planned to blog all about my experience and feelings but, to be honest, it's been a whirlwind day and I'm exhausted. So instead I'll give you the abbreviated version.
I've been training for weeks and was glad the day finally arrived to test my endurance. The hard word paid off! I ran a half marathon in a little under 2 hours!! I am SUPER happy with this accomplishment. My goal was not to walk, which I did, and run faster than I've trained and I did that. My teammate and I placed 2nd, which we were happy with. All in all it was a great first marathon relay. That being said I'm retiring my running shoes for awhile. I've learned that I like running much more when it's for enjoyment and not for training. I'm glad I can cross off "running a half marathon" off my Bucket List now!


(My race photographer)


(The last tag between me and my teammate, Michelle)


(Michelle and I with our biggest competition)

1 comment:

Kimberly June said...

That's fantastic! I love the shot and story behind it. You go!