Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh Sleep, Where Are Thou?

I knew this getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night thing was overrated and wouldn't last long. Well, it hasn't. For the past 3 nights I haven't slept and for the past 2-3 days I've felt the need to keep my eyes propped open with toothpicks. Last night my cute lil man was the source of insomnia. Sometime between 11:30 and midnight I heard him whimpering in his crib. Usually I let him cry it out but for some reason I was compelled to go check on him. It was a good thing I did! He had completely disrobed and was shivering because he was so cold. Over half of his crib had pee on it so he was curled up in a little ball in one corner, trying to stay warm. At midnight I put him in super warm comfy PJs that he couldn't get out of and changed his sheets. He cried for quite awhile before going back to sleep. The nice thing is between him and me, at least one of us got some sleep. Welcome to Motherhood to a Toddler!

No comments: