Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I DO!

3 years ago, while surrounded by close friends and family, I said "I do" to my best friend. I said my vows for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, til death do us part. Little did I know what I was committing to! I was committing to find various ways to communicate, to give and take, to put others before myself, to figure out finances, to show my insecurities, to learn how to argue without always having to win. Now let's be honest, some of those things I'm still not good at...and neither is Rob. But that's what marriage is about sometimes. It's 2 imperfect people making life work. Yes, it's hard but yes, it's worth it. The good times far outweight the times of struggle. I know that at the end of the day I can go to bed, knowing that Rob will be there the next day no matter what. He has seen me at my worst and at my best. He know things about me that no other person does, but he still loves me. Our vows reflect our love: it's unconditional! So, 3 years later, if I had to do it all over again I would still say "I do" to Rob because he's who I want to grow old with- for better, for worse, in sickness and in health.

No comments: