Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Time

This past weekend P and I went to visit my parents. It just so worked out that my brother and sister in law were visiting as well. We had a fun family weekend together. When my family's together we like to try new things or visit family favorites. We're always on the go, exploring so it's no surprise that this trip was full of new adventures. It started with lunch at a small aiport landing strip. P got to meet my sister in law's nephew, who is close in age, and had fun playing together while watching planes. Saturday we celebrated P's birthday a little early with a train ride at a local outdoor mall and then topped it off with a pizza dinner and Thomas cake. He LOVED every minute of it! Sunday after our afternoon naps P and I met up with one of my childhood friends and her son. The boys didn't play together all that much but they both had fun at the playground. To top it off, we had family time at the railroad museum this morning. I seriously think P thought he died and went to heaven. He played with the countless trains in the kid section of the museum. Although we didn't get to do the train ride, he would've stayed all day had we let him. But, alas, it was time to get home to daddy and the doggies. We had a fun filled family weekend, one full of lots of fun memories!



No comments: