Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I love almost all holidays, especially when it's one where the ordinary man is recognized. Well, my dad nor Rob are ordinary men in my book, but I am glad that there's a day to celebrate them none-the-less. After waking up early this morning, my mom and I got to visit while we let my dad sleep in. Once he woke up, I made my parents a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs and biscuits. During breakfast, Holly started barking on the balcony and Duke came running into the house with his tail between his legs. He made a beeline for the bathroom (He likes to hide behind the toilet for some reason) and then came over and hid behind me. I went out to see what was going on and the mustangs were still in the yard. My dad was really happy to see the mustangs since he hadn't seen them at 6am. So, after breakfast, I went to feed our horses and my dad came to help. While feeding the horses, the mustangs came over to where I was. Holly got protective and Duke hid behind my dad (I am starting to worry about how much of a watchdog he'll be!). I pulled some grass to feed the mustangs and my dad was impressed with how close they get to humans. After getting cleaned up we went to church. I missed hearing our regular pastor give the message but I thought it was funny that Rob won a tie during the service and wasn't even there. My parents took me to lunch afterwards then took off to head back to Sacto. I took advantage of having a quiet house and enjoyed a nice, long nap. Rob is coming home in a couple hours and I can't wait!! We are going to try a new restaurant in town once I pick him up from the airport. Then we will finish off the day by watching one of our favorite shows, "Army Wives". What a great day! I'm so thankful to have my dad as such a great example, always guiding me and supporting me. I'm also thankful to have such a wonderful husband, one that will be a great dad to our kids!

No comments: