Monday, June 8, 2009

No, Toys and Hiccups


Lucky for you I am now done with teaching. That means I'll probably blog several times a day...at least for the next month! Duke has found the toy box and is having a hayday. The only toy that bothers me that he plays with is the squirrel. It reminds me too much of Roxy so I think I'll be replacing that toy today. It hurts too much to see him play with her favorite toy. He sure is having fun with the rest of them though. In all his playing, he has definately learned what "no" means. When he gets a bop on the nose along with a forceful "no" he pouts and hides in his crate for awhile. When he's just given a "no" then he's good about stopping whatever he is doing at the time, which is usually chewing on my wedding ring or the computer keyboard.....2 things that don't need puppy teeth. Holly is a good teacher and shows him the ropes- at least for what she can tolerate of him.
Both boys have a lot of hiccups. At a BBQ last weekend, my friend asked if Preston has had hiccups yet. I told her that if he had I didn't know about it. Well, that has changed. He has had them 3 times in the last week! At first it's cute, but after about 5 minutes I want to help stop it. Last night, however, I was laughing because Duke was curled up next to me, hiccuping. Then, Preston had hiccups as well. Both of my boys stopped about the same time, which I thought was funny.

No comments: