Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Sad

Two icons died today- Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. The sad thing, though, is that Farrah fought for her life for the past three years, but Michael Jackson's death is getting more press coverage. For those that have dealt with cancer, either personally or through a family member, knows how devasting the disease is. It drains the person and the family emotionally and physically for an extended period of time. Losing someone to cancer, especially after a long battle against it, is crushing. I'm speaking personally because I dealt with this with my Nana a few years ago. Every year my mom, aunt and I walk the Komen's walk in her memory. There's still times, like when I got married or when I found out I was pregnant, that I would give anything to have her here to experience the milestone and joy with me. That's why it is frustrating that, even though death is sad no matter how it comes, Michael Jackson died within an hour of going into cardiac arrest but he's the talk of the media. Someone who lost a battle to cancer deserves so much more!!!

No comments: