Friday, June 26, 2009

Puppy Love

Now that Duke is getting bigger and able to hold his own, Holly and he are becoming fast friends. We have a pretty good routine down these days. When I wake up I put both dogs outside to do their business. Then they come in and eat. That usually turns into a 3 ring circus because Duke finishes his food first, tries to get Holly's and she puts him in his place (rightfully so). Duke sees it more as a game, whereas Holly seems to take it as an annoyance. After breakfast, they run around for awhile outside until they have said their good-byes to the neighbors that leave for work. When they come back inside they wrestle for quite awhile, even including sibling rivalry with their bones. Holly finally gets frustrated enough with Duke trying to take her bone that she gives in and let's him have it. Around 8:30am both dogs settle down for a morning nap and it's pure bliss for me! While I run errands they either stay on the back deck or the kennel so by the time I get home they've regained their energy. They follow me around the yard while I water or pull weeds or go visit the horses. Once Rob gets home from work the three of them wrestle. Duke has started this new thing that I have to get a picture of. He likes to sit on Rob's head and watch TV when Rob is laying on the ground. Rob and I bust up laughing every time he does it because he is so adorable! By 9pm both dogs are pretty much wiped out, Holly laying on her bed and Duke crashed out behind the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. At that point we know it concludes another great day of puppy love for us.

No comments: