Monday, June 22, 2009

Funny Guy


Duke has had me laughing all day. He is always bringing us dead mice as a present (getting us ready for having a son I guess!). So, this morning, right after I let him out he came running into the house with something brown hanging out of his mouth. I thought, "Oh no. I am not ready to deal with this so early." Wagging his tail, he happily dropped his gift at my feet. Much to my delight, it was a piece of debris that he had found while exploring. After his afternoon nap, I let him out. Holly came back, but then I heard what sounded like someone in boots walking across the deck. Just as I got up to go see who it was, Duke walked in. As he walked across the kitchen floor, I realized it was him. Apparently he had discovered sap, which was all over his leg. The sap got stuck to his paw, which got stuck to a rock. It took him forever to get the rock off his paw and I had to cut some of the sap out of his fur because I couldn't get it out. Tonight Duke and Holly were wrestling. They were having fun until Duke did something that Holly didn't like. She snapped at him and he came running over to me for protection. He has me laughing all the time! I've got his routine figured out and he's learning the rules of the Herrington household. It truly is a delight having him as part of the family!

No comments: