Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Out of It

I usually have one of these days within the first week of school being out. A day where I have very little energy and would be content to sleep all day. I think it's a culmination of the stress letdown, not having a set schedule and not taking time to myself very often. I woke up with great expectations, but had a hard time with the follow through. I took the dogs outside and worked in the yard for about an hour, building a rock barricade for our water run-off. Then I unloaded the rest of the teaching stuff from my car and got that somewhat organized. Then I.....crashed! Duke was worn out, as was Holly, so I crawled into bed with the heating pad on my back and fell asleep for awhile. Duke woke me up and it was all I could do to put him outside while he did his business. Once I got him back inside, I laid down on the couch to read. Before long I was out of it again and slept for an hour. I woke up to eat lunch but only because I knew I should for Preston. If I had it my way I'd go back to sleep some more but I have to meet someone down the hill at 2. I know I shouldn't feel guilty on the rare occasion I'm like this, but I like being productive and I have been anything but today. Hopefully I'll get it out of my system today because I have a lot I'd like to get done in the next few days.

No comments: